Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Headphones with Mic Review
Highly endorse these headphones! Feature-wise they have it all.
- The Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Headphones ‘s audio quality is excellent with the 40mm drivers. The headphone cups are comfortable over long periods of time; so far I’ve gone several full 8 hour days using these for streaming Pandora on my bluetooth connected laptop, while answering calls on the iPhone, without discomfort.
- The Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Headphones can get warm as any full over the ear cup will, but the audio is superior over open-ear or in-ear designs. The noise cancelling works as advertised, whether you are streaming audio, or simply using them to dampen environmental sounds like fans, or engine drones.
- One of the very cool features is the ability to slightly reduce the streaming audio volume and click ON the sounds outside your headphones. This allows you to click a well placed button to have a conversation without removing the headphones, then click it off again to good back to your audio.
- There are dual microphones for use with Skype or recording very clean narration for video projects. With built-in sensors, the headphones will automatically pause music when you take them off, and resume when you put them back on.
- As well, there are manual controls that are really well positioned and easy to find that advance music tracks, pause, or initiate a phone call or launch Siri on either a primary or second device.The bluetooth signal is very strong compared to other more compact devices or other headphones I’ve used.
- One of the killer features is a 24 hour battery. Travel days will be a lot more tolerable with a headphone that can make the trek from California to Europe, including layovers.
- There are inline cables for direct plug-in via either USB (to charge or listen to audio and Lync) as well as 1/8″ 3.5mm mini-plug to fit handheld devices without bluetooth or to hardwire the headphones to your audio source when bluetooth isn’t an option.
- The Plantronics Backbeat Pro Wireless Headphones with Mic’ headphones as fantastic. They are not bubble-gum colored, ostentatious, or make you look like an EDM DJ.
- Controls are ergonomic, and well laid out, with most audio controls on the right and easy to access, including a large damped, knurled volume wheel with voice prompts of the selected volume, the on/off selection button for background audio, power on/off, and the Phone Call button to answer a call or launch Siri.
- On the left side are a second knurled dial for moved forward or backward between audio tracks, the on/off button for noise cancelling and a large pause/play button.
- The leather headband, stainless ear cup springs, and plastic used is very clean, understated and not gaudy at all. The ear cup leather is extremely soft and comfortable.
- They’re not small, but not bulky either, and they look great. A cool mechanical feature is the ability to fold the cups flat and drape the headphones around your neck and over your collar when you aren’t listening.
- They come in a ballistic black pouch with purple velvet liner, purple silicon audio cord, and a matching purple USB/micro USB cord.