LEMFO Bluetooth Smart Watch WristWatch U8, UWatch Fit for Smartphones IOS Android Apple iPhone 4/4S/5/5C/5S Android Samsung S2/S3/S4/Note 2/Note 3 HTC Sony Blackberry, This watch immediately alerts me to all my incoming calls and texts.
LEMFO Bluetooth Smart Watch WristWatch U8 Review
Before I bought this I was missing 60% of my phone calls as I use an external MP3 music player, and layers of clothing means I can’t feel my phone vibrate. The trick to get this to work properly is to avoid the recommended app and instead use MediaTek Smart Device app from the PlayStore, and it will load all your contacts and text messages onto the watch. It is important to exclude MediaTek Smart Device app from any power saving programs on your phone so that it doesn’t get turned off abruptly.
The battery life is outstanding, I am getting about 7 days out of this after a 90 minute charge, and better still I can read the watch screen in bright sunlight unlike others have reported. The watch also vibrates when the bluetooth connection is lost if I stray 40 meters from my phone, adding peace of mind of a lost phone. On the minus side the strap is fragile and the watch has fallen off my wrist twice in the few months I’ve had it, so it is possibly unsuitable for sporting activity or sleep in the way that a wristband is. The in-built microphone works well and renders clear calls, but the loudspeaker is too loud raising privacy issues. However I can’t take more than a star off for these because the watch has done everything I need it to do at a budget price and so much more.
- Always connects to the phone instantly. Initial pairing is tricky as you also have to press “confirm” on the watch for a successful connection.
- Better to use MediaTek SmartDevice app from the PlayStore rather than the recommended BT Notifier app which seems to have a lot of disgruntled users.
- The backlight is excellent and I can read the time clearly in direct sunlight if I turn off Power Save.
- Superb battery life.
- Unbeatable Bluetooth connection. I left my phone upstairs and walked out of my home and the watch stayed connected, disconnecting after a breathtaking 40 metres!
- Comfortable on the wrist, very soft rubber.
- As mentioned the speaker is too loud, even if the volume is on zero. I use the phone directly to answer calls instead of the watch to maintain privacy as my phone Moto G gives me the option to choose how to answer i.e. by the watch, by the phone, or by headphones.
- Even though its fallen off twice, its easily put back together.
- MediaTek SmartDevice app was buggy to start with, but constant updates mean hassle-free use of this watch. One thing to note is that when the watch is turned on it has to be held very close to the phone for MediaTek SmartDevice to load contacts, texts messages and call history. If the phone is further away during pairing it will only load contacts.
- Scrolling contacts on the watch to make a call is dead slow.
All in all, this watch has transformed my life and now I can deal with calls and text messages in real time. I suppose I’m of the view that a watch should be a watch, a phone should be a phone and a camera should be a camera, so that I’m not overly concerned about all the things that this watch can’t do.
We gave the LEMFO Bluetooth Smart Watch WristWatch U8